Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Box enables a pure electric mode (EV-mode) when ECO mode is on – so that the ECO button = missing EV button now. No problems with warranty – undetectable by the dealer. This external, additional ECU uses original Mitsubishi plugs and can be installed within minutes, without any car alteration or modification. Just plug-and-play box that gives you following enhancements:
- pure EV mode up to 130 km/h – no gasoline engine (ICE) starting when full throttle
- saves about 10% of gasoline in hybrid mode
- perfect to maintain a long life of the battery
- less cold starts of ICE in winter (with ICEheaterStop option)
- in ECO mode, the range of the car is extended (about 8%)
- pedal accuracy is highly improved. In ECO mode 100% of pedal position = 100% of EV power (60kW), linear from zero. A really smooth drive is possible.
- predictable starting of ICE by PHEV ECU is switched off
- full car power of EV + ICE is always available at once (for overtaking, etc) when kick-down activated
- Charge, Save buttons work as usual, but ECO button is now EV button
- In NORMAL mode, the car is permitted to use ICE (gasoline), but throttle characteristic is improved to reduce accidental ICE starting. In ECO mode, the car is not permitted to use ICE, except kick-down or speed of 130+ km/h
- Optional: ICEheaterStop optional module enables full electric heating of a cabin in most weather & temperature conditions. The gasoline engine will start only if it is cold, consumption of fuel for heating will be reduced by 70% (average).
Explanation: There are three different channels (triggers) that can cause ICE to start: heating of cabin (that we reduce with ICEheatStop), preheating of oil/engine in winter to avoid demolishing engine by rapid full power demand while frozen, and finally – traction power demand.
ICEheatStop blocks usage of ICE for cabin heating, ICE Ecu still may preheat ICE oil without any load (and without electricity production) for 30 sec – 2 min (depends on external temperature). Fuel consumption for that preheating is very low – much lower than when engine is additionally loaded with a power generator to speed up ICE->cabin heating.